Join the Neopoet online poetry workshop and community to improve as a writer, meet fellow poets, and showcase your work. Sign up, submit your poetry, and get started.

Publishing

Forums: 

Has anybody here had experience with being published electronically? Would like to hear of your experiences and if experience was satisfactory for you.............stan

You should try create a space and google e-publishing. Alot of resources out there! Let me know and I will research it further if you like. Oh and try smashwords also.

Now get to work Linus:)

Smile

Have you had anything published by an electronic publisher?............stan

author comment

I have not published my book if that is what you mean? It is not hard. There are so many great publishers. self publishers that is that are having great success with Kindle etc. You have to do your research here but my answer is no. I have had poems published but not an entire book persay. I am learning this from a friend at the time though. Create a space is great and so is LULU.

free templates at lulu

Mona

Thank you will look forward to E-mail............stan

author comment

Stan,

do you mean creating a book that is available as an eBook, or publishing onto your own website?

As you know I have published my work electronically on a personal website.

I have the ability to create my work electronically and make them available to read on my eReader, I can do that as a book, or individual.

I have also self-published a book. I contacted a printing company here in the UK. Told them what I wanted and I supplied the exact book document, including front page and index via a pdf document and they printed it for me.

Hope that helps a bit,

HS

--------------
Workshops are now open:
http://new.neopoet.com/workshop/find
--------------
With all that I am and all that I could be, I walk this earth, yet nobody sees me.

This is the first time I've posted a topic for a more or less personal reason. I am considering having a small book published via Amazon to be available on kindle. Thought I'd gather opinions and feedback from others who might have already done something similar. When you self published that printed book how much front money did publisher ask for? You can of course tell me it's none of my beeswax, just wondering.................stan

author comment

Stan,

it cost me £100 sterling to have 50 books published. They were a limited run which I gave out to friends and family. It actually works out more per book to print a small run of books than it does if you print a 1000, I guess that is obvious really.

The thing is, I am looking to set up a book of my own only avaialable as an electronic version. Looks like we want the same thing!

Check these out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/seller-account/mm-summary-page.html?topic=20026...

http://www.jmooneyham.com/cheat-sheet-how-to-make-your-own-amazon-kindle...

We can work on this together to share the research.

I also am aware of your technology skills!! LOL!...so I am happy to assist you in turning your work into electronic files before submitting to whoever you/we decide.

regards,

HS

--------------
Workshops are now open:
http://new.neopoet.com/workshop/find
--------------
With all that I am and all that I could be, I walk this earth, yet nobody sees me.

Hood tells it right. You have to shop around and like a said create space my friend published four books electronically and in print and it did not cost him a bundle of money.

The biggest thing is the marketing of the book and there is a world of knowledge on that also. I got a signed book from Terry Whalin you should check him out. He is great and so are my other good published poets and writers. You can do it Stan just put your mind to it and it will happen, do not listen to the naysayers for they have naything to say. Do your own thing. Let it happen Charlie Brown and I will buy the book also

Love to you and Sue
Mona

I expect that if this happens it will happen within a couple of months. But getting a print book will take a good bit longer I expect. .............stan

author comment

Start branching out in the publishing marketplace. Meet others and don't just confine yourself to one poetry site. There is a whole world of knowledge out there for you and you meet great people along the way. I will add to this when I find out some more real tips for you as I do not want to send you anywhere where you do not want to go or it does not work out for you. Trial and error. That is what life is all about my friend.

I will keep in touch and proud of you and your desire to get your work in print. That is wonderful in and of itself.

xoxo

The idea of publishing eBooks is where I have the most interest on this topic. Two reasons are my eye sight and the many people I find reading eBooks instead of paper backs

I am presently getting familiar with eBooks on a personal level for my eyes sake and the publishing ideas in this forum

*Collaborative Poetry Workshop* American Version of Japanese Poetry ~ Renga ~ Haiku, Senyru, Tanka.

Neopoet Community

(c) Neopoet.com. No copyright is claimed by Neopoet to original member content.