Join the Neopoet online poetry workshop and community to improve as a writer, meet fellow poets, and showcase your work. Sign up, submit your poetry, and get started.

What does a red square within a white square mean?

Forums: 

What does a red square within a white square next to user name supposed to mean? This has happened to me second time in past 2 months. Is it an indication that I am under some kind of surveillance? If so am I not supposed to know it? Even in CCTV surveillance areas it is now mandatory to put up a sign "This area is under CCTV surveillance. Will someone explain all this please?...raj

No...that square is not meant for picture of User ...if so it should have been there all along...

do you have yours in such a square next to your User name on your home page when you log in?

I wonder why no one from technical committee or AC does not answer...making me a little uncomfortable....it is not there today though

thanks for reading and responding...
...............................................................................................

raj (sublime_ocean)

author comment

Thanks MarkL,,,it would be so nice of you to go out of the way to find out what all this is about...

gratefully..
.............................................................................................................

raj (sublime_ocean)

author comment

I do not have the means to take a snapshot of the screen...may be I will take a picture though my cam....let's see...for now the red outline within the white outline of the box has disappeared...

thanks for your gesture..

raj (sublime_ocean)

author comment

It means that the website has specified to your browser that the browser should load a user's picture, but for whatever reason, that picture has failed to load. The brower still knows the dimensions of the picture it should load, so it displays a rectangle of those dimensions, and displays an icon to show you that something failed.

It would look approximately like this:

for providing an answer to my query. However why then does it happen once in a while and not every time?,,,I confirm that I haven't loaded any profile pic.

regards....

raj (sublime_ocean)

author comment
(c) Neopoet.com. No copyright is claimed by Neopoet to original member content.